Small Business Certification
The Maryland Department of Transportation’s Office of Minority Business Enterprise (OMBE) is the State’s official certification agency for firms seeking status as a:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
STEPS TO CERTIFICATION
- Application – Applicant submits a complete application and all required supporting documentation.
- Investigation – An investigator reviews documentation submitted by applicant, conducts an on-site/job-site visit and prepares an investigative report.
- Evaluation – MBE Advisory Committee (MBEAC) reviews the investigative report to evaluate whether the applicant firm meets the MBE/DBE/ACDBE program requirement.
- Determination – MBEAC Chair issues a written determination.